Introducing Runeforge Points
Since forming Runeforge Studios, I have struggled with two main issues. The first being how to give confidence to new first time purchasers, and the second being how to reward returning customers. I believe I have finally found a solution to both problems, and I’m pleased to announce that it is already active! With “Runeforge Points” new customers will be able to try before they buy, and returning customers will be rewarded with discounts on future purchases.
For Skeptical Visitors
I know it’s tough taking a chance on a brand new company. I have been in a similar situation many times: I see a product I want, but the website just doesn’t look as trustworthy or official as I’d like. Ultimately my hesitation causes me to close out the website without making the purchase. Without a lot of social proof (reviews, internet presence, etc) it can be difficult to know if the website is even a real business.
I want to alleviate any doubts by offering a few of our minis for free. For now, this only applies to STL files. (downloads to be 3D printed by you) However, we hope to include a physical copy in the future for those who haven’t yet ventured into the 3D printing hobby.
But Wait, There's More!
Ever since we launched our first products we have had an amazing customer return rate. I have always been extremely appreciative of this, and I have always done my best to show that appreciation anyway that I could. Sometimes I was able to do this through coupons or free samples of our newer products, but no matter what I offered, it felt a bit lacking.
Ultimately, I would love to let every returning customer pick what they wanted, but as the number of customers grew, I quickly found myself unable to give each customer the time that I felt they deserved. Also, there was a concern for fairness. I hated the idea that some customers may be getting more special treatment than others.
Thankfully, I believe the points system fixes these problems as it is a fair and automated process that allows returning customers to apply discounts to whatever they like.
- When you create an account, your account is instantly awarded 250 points. ($2.50 of store credit.)
- Points are equal to one cent ($0.01 USD) and can be applied to any product in our store.
- 10 points will be awarded for every $1 spent on our store.
- 60 points will be awarded for every review that is left on products. (This includes “purchases” made using points in addition to the free sample models. Only one review may be submitted for each product, and only verified owners are able to leave reviews. Reviews should always be an honest representation of your experience. Don’t be afraid to tell us what we are doing wrong or what we could be doing better. That being said, if you feel that we provided a good product, you’re certainly encouraged to leave five stars.
- Bonus points will occasionally be offered for newly added products or certain products that we are trying to encourage visitors to try.
- You can see your current point total in the “points” tab of your Runeforge.com account dashboard.
- Course purchases don’t grant points at this time, but I will be adding this functionality in the future.
- Courses are unable to be purchased using points for the time being. We will look to extend the points program to the courses in the future. However, if you wish to use points to try one of our courses in the meantime, email me at Christian@runeforge.com and I will try to perform this for you manually.
I hope that with these changes we can give confidence to those considering making a purchase with us and establish a great, long-lasting, relationship with everyone who chooses to follow through.
Thank you so much for your time and your support,